The privacy of your data is important to us and we want to be open and transparent about what we do with your personal data. Below you will find our policy in which we try to explain as clearly as possible how your data is processed, protected and what your rights are. In this policy, we talk about processing personal data for both visitors and customers.
Who is the custodian of your personal information?
FRENCHISE by The Lab Merchandising is the custodian of the personal data you provide to us and is therefore responsible for your personal data by virtue of applicable data protection law. Frenchise determines which of your personal data is processed, why and for how long. This will never happen without reason, and we will never sell your personal information to third parties.
Transfer to third parties
Only persons authorised by Frenchise to secure and/or otherwise process personal data and/or to carry out IT maintenance work have access to your personal data.
What does personal data mean and for what purposes is it used?
Personal data is all information that can be traced back to an individual (this can be direct or indirect), the name of the person does not have to be known. For example, Person X lives at a certain address, places orders under customer number ABC and lives in Utrecht. It is not necessarily clear who Person X is. Other information that could be collected are e-mail address, telephone number and cookie IDs.
We process these personal details:
- Visit to our website
- Use of our website
- Creating and managing accounts
- Processing of orders
- Processing of questions and complaints
- Optimisation of our marketing communications
- Optimal functioning of the web store
- Improvement of this website
Processing of personal data by third parties
To make your experience at Frenchise unforgettable we need invited help from partners who carry out some of the services. For example, to deliver your parcel to your home. If these partners process your personal data on behalf of Frenchise, this will be done in their role as a processor. In order to keep track of the agreements we have with you regarding guaranteeing security, confidentiality and your rights, they are included in processing agreements that we have concluded with these third parties/partners.
In order to give you an idea in what kind of services Frenchise needs support from partners, we've listed some of the services below:
- Logistics and operations: For example, parcel deliverers.
- Marketing: in order to provide you with relevant advertisements, we use software such as Google AdWords.
- Analyses: in order to measure and analyse the use of our website we use software such as Google Analytics.
- IT: for the maintenance, improvement and management of our shop we use systems such as Lightspeed.
- Processing of contact: dealing with questions and processing complaints.
What are your rights?
Below we try to explain as clearly and concisely as possible what you are entitled to as a customer.
Right of access
You have the right to ask at any time what information we hold about you. If you want to access this information, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with this information.
Right to portability
You have the right to request and receive the information we have about you. We will put this information together and send it to you.
Right to correction
If we have information about you that is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected. Do you have an account with Frenchise? If you do, you can easily correct your data yourself within your account settings.
Right to deletion
If Frenchise processes your personal data, you have the right to have this personal data deleted, with the exception of the following situations:
- You still have an order open that has not yet been completed or has already been shipped
- You have an open issue with our customer service
- You still have a payment obligation to Frenchise
- You have abused or are suspected of having abused our services in the last 5 years
- If you have made a purchase with us, we will store your personal data because of the transaction to be processed in our accounts.
Right to objection
You can object to the processing of your personal data. For example, if you do not want us to process your data for direct marketing, you can indicate this. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com
Right to restriction
As a customer, you have the right to request Frenchise to restrict the processing of your personal data, but this is only possible in certain circumstances. We have described them below.
- If your objection to processing is based on a legitimate interest, Frenchise will limit any further processing of personal data, provided that it has been verified that the interest is justified.
- Your personal data has been processed unlawfully and you want the processing of your data to be restricted.
Right of complaint
As a customer, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body, such as the personal data authority.
Right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take the protection of your data very seriously. We have a data protection officer who can help you if you have any questions about the above rights and will be happy to help you via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We do not store your data for longer than is necessary for the performance of our services, unless we are obliged by law to store personal data for longer.
Security of your data
Frenchise has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful processing, including
- Storage of data in a secure database with encrypted passwords and secure backups, and
- Access to your own data via a personal account by means of a unique user name and password
- Monitoring of intrusion attempts. If there is a real intrusion attempt, we will take the necessary measures. If there are any vulnerabilities, we will repair them
- We ensure that the systems we use are protected against malware, viruses and hacking
- The different technology and software we use is up-to-date
- Data transportation from one system to another will be secure and controlled
- The partners we work with are required to take security measures to ensure the confidentiality of your data
Despite the fact that Frenchise has taken and will take all possible security measures, the processing of your personal data via the Internet involves risks that are inherent in the use of the Internet in public traffic.